Upper Back Resistance Training Exercises
If you have been following our very informative blog series that has been targeting different resistance training exercises that you could be taking advantage of to get into the best shape of your life, then you will be excited to learn more. In this blog however, we will cover how you can get your upper back looking ripped and stronger than ever before.
- Make sure you have purchased a Triletics resistance bands training system.
- Hook the Triletics system to something that is low and close to the ground.
- Sit down with your legs out straight, pointing in the direction of your resistance bands.
- You will then grab the handles and be sure that you are far enough away from your bands before you start to create a tension in the bands prior to starting your exercise.
- You will pull the handles back towards your sternum, pausing once you have brought the handles all the way back. Then release the tension forward.
- We recommend that you do 4 sets of 12 reps. If the last 4 or 5 repetitions aren’t challenging, go ahead and add resistance!
- You can also do this exercise while standing. You will stand a few feet away, creating tension to your Triletics bands.
- This time you will pull the bands with each arm separately.
- Let one arm extend out while the other stays relaxed at your side.
- Pull back the resistance band in the same direction as early, towards your abdomen drawing your elbow back.
- For better balance, place your feet apart, the opposite leg should be in front of the other, then switch once you change arms. For example, if you’re pulling with your right arm, your left leg should be in front of the right.
- 4 sets of 12 repetitions should be a great place to start.
Stay tuned for our next blog series on how to get achieve that six pack of abs you’ve been wanting!