Quadriceps Resistance Training Exercises
In our last blog, we mentioned a resistance training exercise that can be used to get your low back into tip top shape. If you’ve been following our posts, then you already know that this post is going to be all about your quadriceps and how you can use resistance bands to power up your quads like never before. To start this resistance training exercise that targets your quads, you will need a couple tools, a chair and a Triletics system resistance band.
- Get your equipment ready for use! Tie off your resistance band of choice on the bottom of the front left leg of the chair.
- While sitting down in the chair, you will loop the band around the ankle of your left leg.
- Make sure the band is tight enough on the chair that it creates tension.
- Extend your leg out in a kicking motion and flex your quad, your toe should be pointed all the way up to the ceiling. Come back down and relax.
- After you have completed 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions, you will take the resistance band off of the front left leg of the chair and move it to the front right leg.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3, using the same strength pattern of 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
For many of us, the quadriceps are the strongest part on our body, because they are the biggest muscle that we have. If you feel this exercise was easy, try using a higher level resistance band from us here at Triletics. Stay tuned for our next blog where we will focus on your posterior chain a little more. Prepare your hamstrings to get strengthened like never before!