Lat Pull down Resistance Training Exercise
Like promised in our previous blog that targeted the front deltoids, this blog we will focus all of your attention on resistance training exercises to strengthen your lats. Your lats are the muscles that line your side of your rib cage underneath your armpits. The latissimus dorsi is a muscle that you can train to become strong, and it is the muscle that will help you to achieve pull ups. If you’re ready to give this exercise a shot in helping you achieve pull ups that you’ve always wanted to be able to do, keep reading.
- Make sure you have the Triletics system resistance bands that have the perfect resistance to cause you to sweat.
- You will wrap your resistance band on something that is directly above you. A perfect option is to go outside and use a thick tree branch that is arms length above you.
- Once you’ve wrapped your training band around the tree, you can get in your start position. You can either position yourself on your knees directly underneath the band or sit down directly underneath the band.
- Once you are in the start position, you will position a handle in each hand, and from the extended position overhead, track your elbows like chicken wings down towards your rib cage.
- Do this movement in 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
Stay tuned for our next blog, where we will give your lower back the workout you’ve been in dire need of!