Hamstring Resistance Training Exercise Stretch
From what we’ve heard, we hear that all of our followers have been missing our resistance training exercise blogs! Don’t worry, we are back! Today will will give you a movement that can help to loosen all of those tight muscles you have been working hard for! Tight muscles are a great feeling, but sometimes too much tightness can give you unwanted discomfort. If your legs are sore from the last hamstrings workout we gave you, be sure to use our resistance bands for this training exercise/stretch.
For this resistance training exercise stretch, you will need a resistance band from our online Triletics store. Any of our resistance bands will work great!
- Lay on your back.
- While laying down, bring either your right or left knee up to your chest and hook the middle of the resistance band around your heel.
- From this bent knee position, you will straighten your knee.
- Push your heel towards the sky. While keeping your knee locked out, see how far you can stretch your hamstring, bringing your toes towards the top of your head.
- Hold this vertical stretch for 30 seconds and then let your leg fall with control to the outside of your body. If you are concentrating on your right leg, you will let your right leg fall to the outside of your body, keeping the 90 degree angle in the hip area. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this hamstring resistance bands training stretch on the other leg. This stretch should be repeated a few times on each leg or until you feel like your muscles are looser.