Glutes Resistance Training Exercises
If you’ve been following all of our resistance training exercise posts, then you are already aware that this blog will be focusing in on your glutes! Everyone wants to have a tight behind, and to get there, you must work for it! Resistance bands are a great way to induce a tight bum and get your into the best shape you have ever been in. Let’s take a more in-depth look at a glute exercise using resistance bands.
- Start off by stepping on the center of your resistance band and holding the handles in a front rack position. Your arms should be bent up and your palms should be up by your shoulders, facing outwards.
- Once you’ve stepped on the center of your band, and you have created a good resistance, you will perform 10 side steps to the right. Be sure that you step out a good distance in order to feel the burn!
- After you’ve done 10 side steps to the right, you will do 10 side steps to the left.
- You can repeat this exercise 3 times to really feel the burn.
This is one of the easiest ways to help tighten up your glutes. Another great workout you can do that is simple and doesn’t require you to use any resistance bands, though you may add them on to this exercise to add more resistance, is as follows:
- Stand in bent over position and support yourself with a chair.
- Slowly bring your right heel straight up towards the ceiling, hold and squeeze your glute for 5 seconds and bring back down.
- Do each movement in 3 sets of 10.